Ghostfibre respects customer privacy and the privacy of those accessing our website, or those websites hosted by us. We undertake to protect the confidentiality of our customers and users including all personal information supplied in the course of contracting with us for services. We undertake not to sell your personal information to third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.
Collection of Personal Data
Ghostfibre collects personal data about our users when you visit a website hosted by us; apply for a service subscription; respond to a customer questionnaire; and through the use of cookie technology. We may also combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from our business partners or affiliates.
A cookie is a data file that sits on your computer hardisk. The cookie is placed there by a remote web server that you have visited using a browser like Netscape or Internet Explorer. It is used to uniquely identify you during web interactions with a website and contains data parameters that allow the remote HTML server to keep a record of who you are, and what actions you take at the remote website. You have the option to disable the cookie function in your browser, but will be restricted from accessing many sites as a result.
Use of Personal Data
Ghostfibre may on occasion use your personal information to contact you about promotional offers; advise you of matters relevant to service provision and in some cases, solicit your feedback. However, Ghostfibre will provide you with an option within every communication to opt-out of receiving any communications of this nature or you can contact our customer services representatives to ensure that you do not receive such promotional information, at +27-31-109-0757.
Ghostfibre collects and shares aggregated user data with business partners, sponsors or other third parties for the purposes of developing content and ensuring relevant advertising and content, such user data will never be used to identify individual users. These business partners and affiliated companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
Ghostfibre may log the websites you visit; collect IP addresses and information about your operating system and the type of browser you use for the purposes of network/system administration; to report aggregate information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our site. This data however will not be used to identify individual users who will at all times remain anonymous.
Any information Ghostfibre collects from you through correspondence with us, whether via e-mail, telephonically or by written letter, will only be used to address the matters within that correspondence. If this requires referring such correspondence within Ghostfibre or to a third party to ensure customer service, your personal information will only be disclosed to the point necessary to address your query or concerns, and will otherwise be kept confidential.
Public Space (Bulletin Boards, Chat Rooms and Third-Party Sites)
Any information that customers disclose in a public space, including on any bulletin board, chat room or any site Ghostfibre may host for you, is available to anyone else who visits that space. Ghostfibre cannot safeguard any information you disclose there.
Ghostfibre will not enter into a service subscription contract with a minor unless such minor has explicit written consent from a parent or guardian to do so. Ghostfibre undertakes not to contact minors about promotional offers or for marketing purposes without a parental consent.
Reservation of Rights
Ghostfibre reserves the right to disclose information about customers where required in good faith, to do so by law or to exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims.
Ghostfibre further reserves the right to share information with law enforcement to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over our network.
Ghostfibre reserves our rights to disclose your personal information where you have given us explicit legal written consent to do so.
Ghostfibre reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorized attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property.
Last updated: June 25, 2021
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Ghostfibre PTY (LTD), Alan Paton Road, Glenwood, Durban, 4001.
Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Country refers to: South Africa
Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Service refers to the Website.
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service, or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Website refers to Ghostfibre, accessible from https://ghostfibre.com/
You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
First name and last name
Address, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Learn more about cookies: What Are Cookies?.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
By email: [email protected]
By phone number or WhatsApp: 031 109 0757